Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry & Raisin Cookies


As if my muffins weren't enough, I decided to go with another oatmeal inspired recipe. This time a little flatter and more crisp: cookies.. When I lived with my grandma a few years ago, it wasn't unusual to walk in on her eating oatmeal cookies for breakfast. I always gave her a hard time about it too, because she constantly accused me of craving/over-eating sugar as a result of a protein deficiency, "Hello! Who is the one eating COOKIES for breakfast?." Anyways, on occasion she would offer them to my sister and I. Those store-bought mounds of sugar, chalked full of raisins, and chewy as a dog toy would get a sharp rejection every time. These cookies, however, well lets just say that they are ready and waiting for me in the morning.


Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Raisin Cookies

1    cup oat flour
1    cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
2    Tbsp. sunflower oil
1/3 cup pear-sauce
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp. flax seed, 3 Tbsp. water)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl combine sunflower oil, pear-sauce, and flax egg.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
Mix in raisins, cranberries, and almonds.
Place small rounded balls of dough onto cookie sheet and slightly flatten with hand or spoon.
Bake 8-12 minutes.

Yields approx. 2 dozen cookies.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP