Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vegan Oatmeal Sunflower Muffins

If you make oatmeal anything like I do, it never comes out as tasty as you wish. For a month or so I've had a massive bag of oats in my pantry, laughing at me every time I take a look. This morning I decided to have my go at some oatmeal, but not in its usual form: Oatmeal Muffins! After searching the web for an appealing recipe I finally decided to make my own. To my surprise they came out really tasty, much better than any actual oatmeal attempt, even on my best day..




Vegan Oatmeal Sunflower Muffins


1/2 c. sunflower milk, with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 c. warm water
1    c. rolled oats
1    Tbsp. flax, with 3 Tbsp. water
1    c. whole wheat flour (I used golden whole wheat flour to get a lighter muffin.)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1     tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 c sunflower oil
1/2 c unrefined cane sugar
2    Tbsp. raw sunflower seeds, shelled of course..


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
      Add warm water and sunflower milk/apple cider vinegar mixture to oats in medium mixing bowl.
     Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon to a sifter and sift into a large mixing bowl.
     Add sunflower oil, sugar, vanilla powder, salt, and sunflower seeds to the oat mixture and stir.
     Pour oat mixture into dry mixture and combine thoroughly without over stirring. 
     Spoon batter into an oiled muffin pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes.


Let cool, or enjoy warm! For a little added sweetness you can make a frosting for them, coat in your favorite cream-cheese or peanut butter, or cut open and fill with butter, jam, honey, or agave. My husband recently made some delicious almond/rice hochatta, so I decided to add a little to some powdered sugar for a flavorful sweet topping. It is delicious!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP